red laserneedles exhibit large action depth (few centimeters) and moderate strenght
blue laserneedles exhibit low action depth but strong stimulation strength at the acupoint
therefore we have combined the positive properties of red laser stimulation with the positive features of blue laser stimulation in a new type of a laserneedle :
New type of a laser acupuncture needle, which simulataneously emits blue and red laser radiation, which induces dtrong De Qi, which can be felt by the patienrs
The medlouxx- treatments are focussed in particular to an effective exitation of cellular mitochondrias. Photobiologically excited mitochondrias improve the cellular energy metabolism and the calcium homeostasis of the cell. This enables the treatment of indications, which are caused or influenced by mitochondrial dysfunction.
In combination with the QIT -induced deep light penetration, it results in an unusual broad
The analgesic effect of medlouxx-irradiation is based on the blockage of the C- fiber afferent nerves. These nonmyelinated fibers convey input signals from the periphery to the central nervous system and respond to various stimuli that can be thermal, mechanical, or chemical in nature. The photonic induced neural blockade slows the conduction velocity and reduces the amplitudes of the compound action potentials.Medlouxx-irradiation induces locally an increase of mRNAm which is a precursor of ß- endorphine followed by a release of ß-endorphins. These endogenous morphins attach to the same cell receptors in the brain, spinal chord and nociceptors, which are specific for morphine and act presynaptically to inhibit the release of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) , a inhibitory neurotransmitter.The reduction of pain is the clinical result. The localized and systemic increase of this endogenous peptide after medlouxx -irradiation has been clinically reported in multiple studies with subsequent pain reductions.
Due to the cellular regeneration capabilties of medlouxx irradiation, the medlouxx pain treatments always influence the symptoms a n d the cause of the pain in beneficial way.
chronic painful conditions treated by medlouxx IR
osteoarthritis of all joints, rheumatoid arthritis, whisplash associated disorder, froze shoulder post-herpetic neuralgia, trigeminal neuralgia, back pain, neck pain, epicondylitis, tendinopathies,myofascial pain syndrome,fibromyalgia,chronic regional pain syndrome
acute pain conditions
whiplash injury, postsurgical pain, dental pain, Herpes zoster, Herpes labialis, Migraine, cervicogenic headaches,tension headaches, back pain-acute flare, gout-acute flare, arthritis-acute flare, tendinitis-achilles supraspinatus,radiculopathies-lumbar,cervical, sciatica
Pain treatment parameters
- The treatments are performed according to the locus-dolendi-principle. The medlouxx-irradiation head is placed at the painful area.
- The treatment time is in average of about 5 min per area at the body and 10 min per area at the head, detailed recommendations are given in medlouxx-protocols or by the WALT (World Assiciation of Lasertherpy, www.walt.com).
- When inflammations are involved, we recommend to cool down the painful area with ice-packs, b e f o r e medlouxx-treatment!
- A particular powerful strategy, which we strongly recommend, is the adjuvant combination of medlouxx and acupuncture. This strategy activates different pathways of the pain matrix.
- The acupuncture can be performed as classic needle acupuncture or as painless laserneedle acupuncture. The best analgetic efficiacy is obtained by adjuvant combination of Master-Tung acupuncture and local medlouxx irradiation.
Besides the pain release, as well regenerative effects as anti-inflammatory effects of the medlouxx- irradiation in muscle-, bone- and cartilage tissue are here of particular importance. The medlouxx device can be installed and used easily in any medical practice/surgery.Besides this normal, stationary use, the small and mobil medlouxx device can be used independend on an electrical net. This allows treatments of acute injuries directly in sports areas, during and after competitions and therefore, is of particular interest for sports medicine and physiotherapy.
The photons emitted by medlouxx are absorbing on cytochrom-c-oxidase in the terminal complex IV of the respiratory chain, a molecule, which transduces the energy of the photons to electrochemical energy. This initiates several intramitochondrial events , like production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) (singlet oxygen, nitric oxide ), change of vibrational oscillations of enzymes and excitation of conformational changes in enzymes. As result, cell-specific effects like an increase of ATP synthesis, increase of DNA & RNA synthesis, regulation of calcium homeostasis, cell proliferation, cell migration, neurotransmitter synthesis and endorphin peptide synthesis occurs. The expression of growth factors bFGF, VEGF, TGFb is stimulated and the cellular apoptosis is decreased. With respect to chondrocyte cells, a cartilage repair is induced. The metabolism of osteoblast cells is significantly enhanced in-vivo by medlouxx-irradiation, whereas the metabolism of osteoclast cells remains unaffected, leading to a shift of the bone-metabolism equilibrium to the bone production side and an increased bone mineralisation. Moreover, the medlouxx-irradiation accelerates the blood micorcirculation in bones and soft tissue, and reduces inflammations by reduction of PGE2 and other inflammatory markers. The improved motoricity of lymphatics reduces swelling and edema. In particular for arthritis treatments, the reduction of PGE2, the reducion of cyclooxygenase 2 (Cox2) and the reduction of the number of leukocytes are important.
Indications treated succesfully by medlouxx IR
Osteoarthritis: Knee medial, Hip, Shoulder, Finger PIP or MCP, Humeroradial joint ,Wrist, Ellbow, Cervical spine, Lumbar spine, Ankle , JawboneRheumatoid arthritisIschemic osteonecrosis: Morbus Osgood Schlatter, Morbus AhlbaeckMuscle diseases and musculoscelletal dysfunctionsTendinopathies: Carpal Tunnel Syndrom,Lateral epicondylitis,Patellartendon,Achillestendon, Plantar fasciitis, Infraspinatus, Supraspinatus, Trochanter majorBursitis: Achillobursitis, Bursitis subacromialisHematomaLigament injuries: Syndesmosis , LFTA, LFC, Cruciate ligamentsChronic inflammations
Indications in sports medicine and physiotherapy treated by medlouxx IR
- ligament injuries
- Delayed Muscle Soreness (DMSO)
- Muscle cramp
- Compartment -syndromes
- Impingement -syndromes (Bursitis subacromialis)
- The medlouxx radiation head is placed parallel onto the affected articular gap or the osteonecrotic area or along the affected tendon or the ligament.
- The optimum treatment time is of about 3-5 min, ( 4-16 J per area) , depending on the indication. Detailed parameters are given in medlouxx-protocols or in the tables of the WALT (www.walt.com) The treatment frequency should individually adapted , daily treatments in the first two weeks are recommended.
- Usually 5-20 treatments are necessary to induce long-standing regenerative effects.
The medlouxx- method applies exclusively the unique physical QIT*-effect to improve the transparency of the therapeutic radiation in human tissue. As long the resonant states of a molecule are filled, that molecule cannot absorb further incoming photons and the transparency increases. The QIT effect improves the transparency of the cranial bone significantly so that clinically effectiv treatments of neuronal diseases become possible. The effect was developed by the Biophysics Group of the Faculty of Science of the University of Paderborn, Germany.
Due to the massive and continuing failure of clinical trials of pharmaceuticals for many brain disorders, in particular for neuro-degenerative diseases, the non pharmaceutical and side-effect free transcranial medlouxx- therapy appears as an important and riskless alternative in the treatment of brain disorders, which are affected by silent inflammations, neuronal cell energy deficiencies and by neuronal mitochondrial dysfunctions incl. the accompanying neurometabolic- and neurovascular coupling deficiencies.
Indications treated by medlouxx IR
- major depression and generalised anxiety
- cluster and tension headaches
- Parkinson's disease
The recommende treatment time is of about 10 min per area, the hairs are strong absorbers and have to be removed, if necessary. The total fluence at cortical level is of about 3 J/cm². The detailed positions of the medlouxx radiation head are given in the medlouxx-protocols.
Wound healing represents a series of energy consuming processes.As wound healing progresses through the stages of inflammation, proliferation, remodeling and maturation, medlouxx therapy presents the opportunity to impact each of these phases in positive and beneficial ways.
The medlouxx irradiation at moderate dosage stimulates the neutrophils and fibroblast activity, increases the mitosis and the procollagen production. In addition, it stimulates the release of growth factors and the angiogenesis. Medlouxx-irradiation transforms fibroblasts to myofibroblasts and activates mast cells, which play a key role in the inflammatory process. When activated, a mast cell rapidly releases its characteristic granules and various hormonal mediators into the interstitium. The local blood- and lymphatic circulation is enhanced and keeps at higher level for 4-6 hours after the treatment.
indications succesfully treated by medlouxx IR
- diabetic foot ulcers
- acute wounds after surgery
- acute wounds after tooth extraction
- The wound should be cleaned and covered by a sterile, transparent foil.
- The medlouxx radiation head must be placed in a distance of about 0,5- 1 cm over the wound.
- The optimum treatment time is of about 2-4 min, ( 4-8 J per area). Detailed parameters are given in medlouxx-protocols.
- The treatment should be repeated 2x weekly over a period of 4 weeks.
- In case of chronic, diabetic foot ulcers, the wound should be radiated at the beginning with the medlouxx blue for 1-2 min, to eliminate possible bacteria populations (staphyloccocus) phototoxically from the wound.
- atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, vitiligo, Lichen ruber planus and acne vulgaris up to grade IV
- photodynamic treatments of actinic keratosis
- photodynamic treatments of acne
- photodynamic skin rejuvenation
- onychomycosis (toenail fungus infections)
In contrast to the established UVA1 phototherapy, the treatment with 405 nm medlouxx IPL irradiation is complete UV- free, therefore without any carcinogenic risks so that longer treatment durations can be applied !
The treatment duration depends on the skin pigmentation ( melanin concentration). For european skin patients ( type I and II in Fitzpatrick scale) in average 5 min per area are recommended. For medium dark skin patients, the treatment time should be increased up to 7,5 min per area and for dark skin patients up to 10 min per area.
The treatment of toenail fungus infections requires of about 10 min per area and must be performed only 1-2 times. It is recommended, to treat also the non-contaminated toenails, to prevent any unintentional spreading of the infection.
We strongly recommend the adjuvant use of the medlouxx IR before a n d after any IPL treatment or photodynamic therapy!
The anti-inflammatory efficiacy of medlouxx irradiation, the wound healing capabilties, the joint regeneration capabilities and the possibility, to eliminate quick and complete porphyrine containing bacteria like porphymorona gingivalis and others, makes the medlouxx system to an useful adjuvant tool in any dental practice and in oral surgery. The medlouxx accessories for dental specific applications include a dental blue-laser handpiece, a small laser-mouth applicator for stomatitis treatments and a non-invasive twinpower-laserneedle for pain-reduction and nausea.
- Periodontitis (apical and marginal)
- Caries-and periodontosis prophylaxis
- Oral mucositis (chemotherapeutic or radiotherapeutic induced)
- Aphthe, pulpitidis und gingivitis
- Wound-healing after extractions
- Post- surgery pain treatments
- Jawbone arthrosis
- Nausea and vomitting
- The ligth exposition time for anti-bacteriological treatments is rather short, in the order of 0.5 -2 min per area.
- Wound healing and analgetic treatments require of about 5 min duration,
- the anti-inflammatory treatments should be performed in 3-5 min
- the jawbone arthrosis treatment requieres 10 min per area.
The treatment frequency depends on the individual response of the patient, for jawbone arthrosis at least 10 treatments are necessary.