red light therapy
- How Red Light Therapy Relieves Allergic Rhinitis？
- What are the functions of 660nm, 850nm, 590nm red light waves？
- Red Light Therapy Can Promote Callus Growth and Accelerate Fracture Healing
- Rid your body of excess free radicals
- One of the physiological effects of LED red light enhances cell metabolism
- Treating Inflammation with Red Light Therapy
Rid your body of excess free radicals
According to clinical studies, people's aging is closely related to the increase of free radicals in the human body, such as cardiovascular disease will produce a large number of free radicals. Free radical, also known chemically as "free group", refers to the molecule of a compound in the light and heat and other external conditions, covalent bond to form a non-pair electron atoms or groups, such as hydrogen free radical, chlorine free radical, methyl free radical, etc. Free radical reaction plays an important role in combustion, gas chemistry, polymerization, biochemistry and so on.
Simply put, in a world composed of atoms, the outer electrons must be paired, if not, will look for another electron to become a stable substance, scientists call the unpaired electrons of atoms or groups called free radicals.
Free radicals are very active and are an unstable factor in the body. Can with the body fat, protein, sugar and nucleic acid rapid continuous reaction, can damage proteins and enzymes, damage nucleic acid, damage cell membrane, can induce the following diseases.
(1) Tumor: free radicals combine with DNA nucleophile center, can cause gene mutation or oncogene activation and cancer. Primary cancer is more closely related to free radicals. Malondialdehyde, the product of lipid peroxidation, can cross link with nucleic acid to cause mutations, and the activities of CuZn and MnSOD in tumor decrease.
(2) Cerebral ischemia: due to ischemia, make the activation protein enzyme into the cell produces O2· at the same time, which is the beginning of free radical, so that the free radical reaction goes on, and the cell structure is damaged. Because of the decrease of SOD, the damage to the cell is more serious
(3) Cardiovascular disease: microvascular endothelial cells are injured, and their lysosomes are activated by free radicals, releasing various hydrolytic enzymes, causing edema and necrosis of cell tissues.
(4) Senescence: unstable free radicals accumulate in cells and form highly active molecular fragments, which interfere with metabolism and lead to senescence.
(5) Cataracts: increased lipid peroxidation in blood can induce cataracts. However, the human body has a natural enzyme system to remove free radicals, making it produce a certain concentration level of dynamic balance, for example, SOD in human red blood cells can remove O2·, peroxidase, can remove hydrogen peroxide and lipid peroxide. In addition to SOD, glutathione peroxidase (GSH-PX) can clear hydrogen peroxide and lipid peroxides, vitamin E and vitamin C are strong antioxidants, can clear O2· and OH; Mannitol, dimethyl sulfoxide and tryptophan can clear OH. There are many substances have antioxidant effects, such as cholesterol, vitamin A, selenium, sulfur-based compounds, carotene and so on have antioxidant effects.
Gu Yingming et al. observed that when 30 patients were irradiated with red light, the blood in the extracorporeal circulation tube was irradiated with red light for 120min each time, 8 times for a course of treatment, while the control group was not irradiated with red light. After treatment, 30 patients with red light irradiation felt good, among which MDA and AOPPF were decreased (P<0.05) In contrast, SOD and GPX decreased (P<0.05），the level of MDA increased after irradiation (P<0.05), AOPP did not change before and after dialysis(P>0.05). These results indicate that red light can remove free radicals and improve clinical symptoms.